Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI/PI roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the significance of the following PI 7.0 roles?

sap_xi_administrator_j2ee

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

SAP_SLD_GUEST

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

Our UME data source is ABAP ..i.e when we assign these roles on the abap side they show up as groups assigned on Java. Most of the groups above do not have any roles or actions in them. i would like to know about their significance esp for the java roles.

I would also like to know what would be the approach for security on the UME.

Thanks,

Doug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

These roles are for Exhange Infrstructure (XI) related activities of monitoring/configuring SLD etc.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

These roles are for Exhange Infrstructure (XI) related activities of monitoring/configuring SLD etc.

0 Kudos

Thanks Murali. Can you tell me why most of these roles do not have actions in them.

0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

The XI Java auths work by reading the role titles from the ABAP stack which correspond to groups in the Java stack. These groups are assigned privileges in the Java system.

This way, it is possible, via SU01 in the ABAP stack, to manage user access in both places. I can only imagine that SAP wanted the facility to segregate access in the different stacks, hence being able to give certain admin functions only in ABAP or Java. As there are things that you can only configure via the Java side, it makes sense to be able to provide a certain level of granularity in addition to whatever functions the user needs to perform in the ABAP stack

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. Can you give me an example where you can configure only on the Java side and not on the ABAP.

Also, some of the groups which i mentioned above do not have any roles or actions in the UME. Is it suuposed to be that way, if so can you explain me the reason why they're no actions in them.

Thanx.

0 Kudos

At a previous client they insisted on having very limited access to maintain the SLD & as a result there were some users with only very basic auths on ABAP side & wider access to maint SLD on the Java side.

Not too sure about the missing stuff in the UME to be honest, I'm pretty sure all should have roles assigned, there is some info here on the roles they are supposed to have

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/2ca0856c9d0c41beae4dcbeba6f0dc/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4e/90a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

0 Kudos

Thanks again Alex. I'm trying to look for the same info for NW04s as PI is NW04s

Let me know if you are able to find one.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the link below for UME security policy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b5/16c43bdd3da244a1d3372a77b5f83f/frameset.htm

Thanks

R.Murali