cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying new ESS SP during Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s ESS 600 SP 8 Patch 9 and making modifications to the ESS standard code using NWDI , now there is one new functionality delivered in the new ESS 600 SP9 which we need to apply .....without losing the changes done till so far .....now what's the procedure to apply this new SP to the Development System using NWDI...?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an ESS upgrade scenario, What were your learning points with using the Metadata Comparison tool for this comparing modified DC's with the SAP delivered base DC?

We are finding that when we compare some our modified DC's with the SAP Delivered DC's it will hang and finally crash. Not very robust.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharadha,

Can u give me your email id ..I am really having some problems in modifying ESS code and have deadline to deliver in a few days...

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

Thanks for the reply. I read in the NWDI cookbook that before applying the SP you have to release all your activities already deployed but doing that will transport the changes to the QAT system because that is the next runtime system configured in the track......although we do have consolidation system which is not a runtime system rather it is just a virtual system...

Please give your inputs..

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I do not have anything to comment as i have not worked with NWDI administration.

Regards,

Shardha

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Yes it is possible. I have replied in your 'Family/Dependents' thread. Have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/f97136fe553ee4e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards,

Sharadha