Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService Action Block Return Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to know on xMII 11.5 RC2 if the Webservice can only return

it's XML data in a standard Iluminator Row Set structure or is there a way

that one can get the return XML in a cutom format i.e.

<ROOT>

<MYDATA>blah blah</MYDATA>

<ROOT>

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

The Input and the output schema for the webservice action block is determined purely from the structure of the service defined in WSDL. xMII doesnot do any internal processing to convert it to illuminator rowset format.

If you want to convert to a custom format then you need to process internally using XSL or BL editor itself.

regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

On xMII XML format via the WebService (WSDLGen) mechanism, but you can return any xMII XML format via the Runner mechanism.

URL is something like: /Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=YourTransaction&OutputParameter=DesiredXMLOutputParameter

There are more complex techniques that can be used to have xMII emulate any webservice with any inputs and outputs, but those involve creation of custom WSDL files and are probably a bit lengthy for an SDN post.

- Rick

Message was edited by:

Rick Bullotta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick:

Any idea where one might find some documentation on those "complex techniques" for creating custom WSDL files? It looks like I may need to do some of that in a dashboarding project I'm working on.

Thanks,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sean. I left some examples with Jeremy Good on the MII team when I left SAP, so he might still have them.