Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deriving Characteristic Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm using SCM / APO 5.0

My characteristic combinations are made up of six characteristics.

I’m loading data from a flat file to a cube. The transformation contains all six characteristics, however the flatfile only contains two of the six characteristics. When it comes time to generating any new characteristic combinations from the flatfile load, how do I derive the other four characteristics?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SC -

to generate CVCs. you need the values for all the characteristics, these are unique values. The values that you are uploading from the flatfile are going to be used for creating your characteristic value combinations. thats the first step. then you can derive values from these characteristic values.

hope this helps.

Useful links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Also look at the best practices section they will explain the process.

Regards

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

Im not sure the links you provided are correct?

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have business rules in place on how these CVCs are to be populated then you can hard code them into the loading. The four that you dont have can be derived from the two that you have in the flat file i suppose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose you have 6 characteristics (plannable characterisitcs). It can be that 2 are base characteriatics and the remaining are defined as attributes of the 2 charateristics.

Eg: You have a characteristic "Product" and "Customer" and maybe other characteristics like Brand, Category, Class, Division as attributes of product and Region, Zone as attributes of "Customer". Now when you create a csv file you have specified only "Product: and Customer" in the file. When you are uploading this flat file into an infocube for CVC generation, in the update rule of the infocube you can specify that for the other characteristic refer the master data:

1. Brand, Category, Class and Division: Select Attribute of Master data for "Product"

2. Zone, Region: Select Attribute of Master data for "Customer".

If you are uploading to an infocube you will also need a key figure, Version and date to be included.

If you are not using any attributes then you will need to include all the charateristics in the csv file.

Regards,

Kedar