cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have configured a File Sender with Anonymous Login for a FTP server and It was working fine.However, when i changed the FTP server (with username and password) i m getting the errror like

<b>Error connecting to ftp server '10.1.11.23': FTPEx System can find the path specified</b>.

I have made sure that the source directory path is correct and server ip is also correct.

Processing Parameters

Data connection -> passive

Connection Mode->permanently

Transfer Mode --> Binary

IT would be really very helpful if someone could throw somelight on this

Regards,

Ashwin M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Please have a look at this doc and it also provides a small ftp server. You can install it and check if required.

You please have a look and compare the configuration steps.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Hope this helps! If there is still a problem just post the parameter values of your CC.

regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin !

As Sumit Oberoi says, it is important to use the correct backslash, and ALSO check that your path in the communication channel, also STARTS with the backslash...maybe you are trying to access a directory that does NOT exists in your RELATIVE location when the entered FTP user logs in. You can use "/" at the beginning of the path to ensure your absolute location no matter with "root" or "home" path is assigned to your ftp user, considering you have access to the complete path you need to use.

Did it work?

Good luck,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

As said above please check that if u can access tht ftp server with ur uname credentials and make sure the server is running while running ur scenario.

one more thing is there make sure you are using the right slash

That is '/' slash and not '\' one.

I faced this problem.

You also need to do something regarding this while configuring ftp server for your system.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

However the problem still persists..

Also, I am able to access the FTP server from Desktop with Uid and Pwd...I have also ensured the path '/' and not '\'' .

Also , when the file is placed on the root folder, the RWB shows succesful processing however the file is not getting picked up.

But when I put the file in the subfolder..I get the error in RWB as System cannot find the file specified.

Regards

Ashwin M

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Just to troubleshoot , you said that if u use anonymous login it works only itz not working if u give user credentials am I right? Can u check it now with anonymous login and let us know the results.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to send me the screen shot of the adapter configuration in the Integration ID? You can send me to my mail id usenthil@yahoo.com

Regards,

Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart your java stack. This problem happened because of unpredictable behaviour of some Java processes.

Regards,

Gourav

--

<i>Reward points if it helps</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only reason i can deduce from the error is the file server might not be up and running. Check all the parameters again. Also try logging into the FTP server using command prompt and the parameters you have specified. If you are able to login from there, then there should not be any problem in logging in from XI as you have already tested the connectivity. Also make sure that the root directory specified is and the user you have provided to access the directory has full permissions to the folder you have specified in XI.

Reward if Helpful.

Cheers,

Sarath

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Is it possible for u to connect to tha FTP uing the uname&pwd from your local desktop.

Best regards,

raj.