cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need a clarification. when we create a Intra company STO (plant to plant of the same company code), I want to know how the Delivery date, Commitment date and the Statistical delivery date are calculated.

I am really struggling to understand the issue..reward points for the answer guys!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sha,

not sure whether I got the question correct but backward scheduling is very simple:

On sourcing location heuristic calculates like this:

demand date

minus goods receipt processing time

= expected physical receipt

On delivering plant calculation is continued:

minus transport duration (from transportation lane)

= expected delivery date (goods issue)

minus pick/pack time of shipping point

= material availability date

Assuming that proper calendars have been maintained (and are in sync with connected ERP systems) this in working fine. As soon as the material availability date might be in the past (on delivering plant) heuristic performs a forward scheduling, i.e. above logic from delivering plant to sourcing plant.

cheers

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen Burgheim ,

thank u..but i dunno how this would be related to the commited date field in a STO? I want to know

how the dates in an STO (Requested delivery date, Committed

date and Statistical delivery Date) are related to the dates in the

Delivery (Picking date, Transpo. Planning date, Loading date, Plan GI date,

Delivery Date and Actual GI date). Also how the Plan delivery time

and the Total Replenishment Lead Time affect the dates calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sha,

I think planned delivery time is considered for availability check, i.e. to determine when STO can be delivered. The dates within the STO are more or less independent from the delivery, because creating the STO is part from the planning. When you create the delivery you are talking about execution.

If there is a new date determination when delivery is being created (usually X days before delivery should take place) I do not know in detail what the ERP system will consider.

cheers

JB