Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict changes in Tabs: Defaults and Parameters in tcode: SU3

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everybody.

Do you know how to restrict End Users can change data stored in Tabs Defaults and Parameters of tcode: SU3.

I was checking Authorization Objects related this transaction but I did not find a way to fix this issue.

Thanks for your comments.

Mauricio Cardozo.

BASIS Consultant.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can find authorization object in T Code SUIM or SU24.

Reward point if helpful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't restrict users from editing these.

If this data must not be changed then don't give them SU3

If you want to protect their Address Data but give access to Parameter tab then you can use SU2.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been looking into this same question. I don't think there's any way to protect individual user parameters, which is what we really wanted to do, but it is possible to protect the Parameters tab as a whole while still granting access to the Address and Defaults tabs (if desired). SU3, which is usually given to all users, gives change access to all three tabs in the User Data, but to make it more fine-grained, as the last person said, take away SU3 and instead grant whatever combination of SU0, SU1, or SU2 makes sense for your organization. SU0 gives access to the Defaults tab, SU1 to the Address tab, and SU2 to the Parameters tab.

So, in your case, you would grant SU1 only, so users can change their name or phone number, etc, but not Defaults or Parameters. They won't even be able to see defaults or parameters if you do this, though.

I hope this helps.

--Matt