cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a strange problem. I have a RFC which gives me Position Details once I supply the position number. I am executing the RFC on click of button. Now say for position no 10001 when I execute RFC it returns blank values(which matches with the result when RFC is executed from SAP GUI). But when I press the button again the values are populated. I have restarted the server thinking that this is cache problem, even I have cleared browser cache. But still same problem.

Also I am invalidating output node after execution of RFC.

Has anyone any idea what might be causing this. I am using WAS 7.00 SP10.

Thanks and regards,

Jaydeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

haha...welcome to the world of RFCs my friend...:-)

To check if your dynpro program si executing the RFC or not, provide some kind of flag in your ABAP(se37) program, as an export parameter.

Set the flag according to whether you are getting your required data or not.

Now, on the dynpro side, use <i>if</i> statements to check for the values of those flags.

That way you can pin-point where your problem by debugging the dynpro application, & the flags.

Check your model-controller-view context mappings.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hanoz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaydeep,

One more way to detect the error is to track actions what is happening each time you click button. For this

1) Set external breakpint in RFC( in R/3,SE37=>Function module display=>Utilites=>Settings=>Debugging=>Active).

2)Now click button and check what value you are getting in back end.

3) If function module is not retruning any values( which means there will be no data in front end as well ).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to define your RFC with the WDModelScopeType.TASK_SCOPE property.

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using Standard BAPI?

Please send the Position number with preceding 0s with the size of the field.

For eg if the size of Position number is 8 send the value as 00001001

Kind Regards

Mukesh