cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with CRM IDES system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have just installed IDES for CRM 5, everything went fine and I could logon into the system and worked on it. When i started it the second time it gave me an error message provided below:

" logon not possible- error in license check "

I have installed it on Windows 2003 Server. Please help

Thanx

tanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no double posts please!!!!

logon to the system using user SAP* in client 000, run transaction SLICENSE and provide your license information to the system.

after this you are able to log on again.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx peter

i am a little new to all this, how do i go to tx: SLICENSE since i m not able to logon to any system 000 or 100. Is there any file in the system whr i can see the license info previously entered.

do you mean that i give user id as: sap*

Client : 000

Password : ????? (I dont know what to enter here)

Please guide.

Thx

tanya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the following:

Logon in client 000 with user DDIC and the master password you provided during installation. This logon should work. If it does not you need to open your instance profile (/usr/sap/<SID>/profile/<hostname>_<instance>_<instance-no>) with a text editor, add the profile parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Stop and start your instance again.

Then you should be able to login with "SAP*" and the password you provided during installation.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any file in the system whr i can see the license info previously entered. I borrowed this install cd from a frnd now m not able to get it back.

tanya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Licenses" are generated on the SAP Service Marketplace. They are bound to the network card (MAC addresse). Since those are unique you can't use a license from someone else. It seems, that your 30 day license is over and that you need to get an official license from SAP to continue to work with the system.

The licenses are not stored on the CD, the temp license is generated during installation and is valid for 30 days. After that time you need to get you own key.

http://service.sap.com/licensekey

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

the issue has been resolved with your help.

Tanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

as far as I can remember:

playing around with login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 is only necessary after deleting his USR02 entry. As long as this entry exists you can logon with his stored password.

regards

Peter

Answers (0)