Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New objects generated even while deleting a Tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one querry.

I am trying to remove a transaction code form a role ( deleting from menu ).

After deleiting the code from menu I go to authorizations tab to regenerate the profile for changed role. But when I enter into authorization tab; I can see many new objects generated with even create , change activities.

( To be precise, I am removing Tcode MM01 )

Can anybody please tell me why this is happening? ( Infact it should remove the create activity from the concerned objects already present in the role, Right?? )

Thanks.

---Shamish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem could be the following.

Whenever you remove a tcode from a menu, it becomes necessary to remove the auth objects which are relevant to only this transaction to keep the roles with no unncessary authorizations..

So a program in the backend removes the standard auth objects which have been brought into the role because of the CheckMaintain setting in SU24.

Now while doing so it checks for the updated SU24 settings for other Tcodes to and brings in any new auth objects which have been added to other tcodes in CM maintain mode in the SU24 whic are now absent in your role in the authorizations tab.

One way to avoid this happening is to not delete the object but inactivate it and allow it to be there in the role.

So my take on this is ur SU24 or (USOBX_C and USOBT_C) tables have been updated after the role has been created.

Hope this helps

Manohar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have inactivated or deleted instances of the objects then they will reappear unless you edit the auths in expert mode and choose Edit Old Status option.

If you click on the "mountain" icon next to the object value set, you will see exactly what transaction is causing the object to reappear.

Careful config of SU24 will help minimise this sort of stuff, removing the requirement to edit old status

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reply and nice information.

But I did not get exacltly your point about editing auths in expert mode. How to do that and how is it different than what we do normally?

Also as i do remember I had not deactivated or deleted any instances of objects for most of the objects.

e.g. when I deleted MM01 and saved and then went to auths it generates many new objects which I think have no relevance with that of MM01

e.g.

CIM: Authorization for Prod.Order/Order Type/Plant/Activity C_AFKO_AWA

CIM: Plant for order type of order C_AFKO_AWK

CIM: Confirmation C_AFRU_AWK

Sales and Operations Planning (SOP): Application C_APPL_SOP

CIM: Work center category C_ARPL_ART

CIM: Work center- plant C_ARPL_WRK

REM: Backflushing C_BACKFL

PP-PI: Production Version - Plant C_FVER_WRK

CIM: Capacity leveling C_KAPA_ABG

CIM: Capacity planning C_KAPA_PLA

Authorizations for Planned Independent Requirements C_PPBD

Authorizations for Routings C_ROUT

Update Material Master from Routings C_ROUT_MAT

REM: Repetitive Manufacturing C_SAFK

CS BOM Authorizations C_STUE_BER

CS Authorization to process BOMs without a change number C_STUE_NOH

CS BOM Plant (Plant Assignments) C_STUE_WRK

in PP and many more in other modules ( even in CO )

And I can surely say that when we created this role it did not generate many of these objects at all !

And now when I am removing one tcode it is adding these instead. ( ! )

Also..... can you please tell me what kind of configuration should we do in SU24 ?

Thanks again for your valuable answer.

-

Shamish

Message was edited by:

Shamish Lele

0 Kudos

how bizarre, my profile seems to have gone a bit pear shaped.

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Finally fixed the gremlins with my browsers...........

Editing in expert mode:

When you open the Authorizations tab in the role in PFCG, there is a button called "Expert mode for profile generation" If you click on this, you will get 3 options. It defaults to read old & merge with new. If you select edit old status it will do just that, however this is not recommended if you want to maintain the link in SU24.

For SU24, you want to configure the objects so that they pull through exactly what is needed for the transaction to run. Anything that you don't want to default, ensure that is blank so when the object is pulled into the role you populate it with what is required rather than changing the existing and object becoming Changed status. If you remove a tx and the objects associated with it are in changed status, they will not be removed and you have gone from a 2 tier security down to 1 as your objects will remain.

Have you had an upgrade or support package installation recently? That could account for new objects.

When you click on the "mountain" icon by the new objects, which transaction does it say they are linked to?

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem could be the following.

Whenever you remove a tcode from a menu, it becomes necessary to remove the auth objects which are relevant to only this transaction to keep the roles with no unncessary authorizations..

So a program in the backend removes the standard auth objects which have been brought into the role because of the CheckMaintain setting in SU24.

Now while doing so it checks for the updated SU24 settings for other Tcodes to and brings in any new auth objects which have been added to other tcodes in CM maintain mode in the SU24 whic are now absent in your role in the authorizations tab.

One way to avoid this happening is to not delete the object but inactivate it and allow it to be there in the role.

So my take on this is ur SU24 or (USOBX_C and USOBT_C) tables have been updated after the role has been created.

Hope this helps

Manohar