Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uses of file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

iam new to xi.

sorry i want to be sure in one thing i.e

in real time if we r dealing with file to bapi r file to idoc r file to file.

under sender file adapter in what way we will configure .

lets assume like a file to be processed daily when ever a file is placed in sender directty xi should pickup the file and process it to bapir idoc.

so how we can do it.

waitin for reply.

cheers.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Additionally go through this links also.

Check out this-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/content.htm

Check these also...

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Content Conversion: Sender File:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

1 .Create a Technical & business system of type third party

2. add this in ur scenario in ID.

3. create file sendor communication channel

4.give foll attributes

- Transport protocol : FTP

- Message Protocol : File

- Adapter engine

- Souce directory : Give source directory name where you will be putting your file

- File Name : Name of the input file

- Server : ipaddress of the ftp server

Regards

Sheetal

plz reward points for helpful ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

You can kket the time interval of your sender file adapter as per your requirement depending on the time interval at which your file should be picked.

if you set it to 30 then after every 30 secs the file server will be pinged from Xi to look for the file .

so it will be a pull from XI

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for u r answer.

lets takean instance like there r 5 files under sender directory.

but xi should pick the specifiedfile and one more thing is if that specified file name varies each and every time then how xican pick the specified file.

i think my doubt is not close to ral time.

but iamgetting doubts in this way.

so i want some confirmation in this .

can u help me please.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for u r answer.

lets takean instance like there r 5 files under sender directory.

but xi should pick the specifiedfile and one more thing is if that specified file name varies each and every time then how xican pick the specified file.

i think my doubt is not close to ral time.

but iamgetting doubts in this way.

so i want some confirmation in this .

can u help me please.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

This is a case when you will have to use dynamic file names.

Refer these for details

Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

If you want to pick up any file with different name in differen directory then you can give the name of the file as *.txt.

Mudit

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A file adapter can process files. You can get the file into Xi without converting the content into XML or by converting it into XML.

To convert it into XML you use the option file content conversion.

For more details ref, the numerous blogs on the same;

Content conversion

Sender -

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter - TAB delimited

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

Receiver-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

thanku for ur answer.

but i need to ont thing that.

now i am doing file to bapiscenario.

in my scenario iam getting confuse withwhether i have to use file content conversion in sender file adapter.

if so what is the reason.

waiting for u r response.

bye.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi;

You need file content conversion if you are not getting in file in xml format .

if you get it as flat file then you will have to use FCC.

refer these for details on FCC.

help link for Receiver file adapter (FCC) - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

These are a collection of blogs on content conversion (both receiver and sender)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mudit thans for the answer.

but when we will use only file sender adapter without any file content conversion uner that sender file adapter.

i will be greatful to u if u solved my Q.

bye.

seeta ram.