cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty LIST with BW query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with all list component. (DropdownList, combobox, bullet list, list box...)

When I choose a R3 query which is listing all company name for example to be the data service for my list there is no problem but if it is a BW query the list is always empty.

I search a lot on the forum and on the sap sdn but I didn't find any good answers.

Is it an known problem ? Is there a work around for that ?

Can we put a BW query in a list ?

Thanks all

ps : Client Version : 700.10.0.1

Message was edited by:

Guillaume Marchal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your answer.

I checked, my account is mapped on an other which has all right.

I also can see the data in a table view but my list is still empty.

I don't understand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Please Rt. Click on the query in your story board and choose Test Data Service. Give some values to the input parameters if required and click on execute. Are you able to see the list in the result? If not, Please let us know the error you get here.

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried, to test the query, it's working well.

There is some input field but they aren't required so I ran the query with blank input field and I saw all rows.

But if I put the same query in list (all list component...) the result is empty.

I tried with different query, if it's an BW query the list will be empty.

It's working fine with R3 query.

I don't understand...

I ask to my admin to upgrade my VC to the last patch, I hope it will solve the problem... :s

Thanks for answering.

Guillaume Marchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check, whether the user that you use in VC is mapped to the user in BW that is allowed to see the data? I guess that's the problem that you have. Wrong authorizations of the BW user.