Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 with ERP2005 (ECC 6.0) Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a few questions to be answered.

Can anybody tell me as to what would be the initial size of the database after an installation of ECC 6.0 Unicode with database as SQL 2005.

Is there any minimum hardware requirements that would have to be taken into consideration before an installation is planned.

Can anyone help me in deciding whether MSCS services or Manual Log shipping would be preferred for Failovers.....

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Sizing</b>

Hardware sizing should be completed by your SAP partner. Its based on many things. Users, modules, storage volumes, peek, BP, workloads etc etc.

You can do the 'noddy' version with the sapsize on OSS. The output from this is in 'SAPs' you could look up std systems bench marks and get something 'like' it. Else submit the results to the hardware vendor of your choice and they will do it for you.

<b>System Redundancy</b>

Depends what you are trying to do.

MSCS is a fail over HARDWARE only solution. ie if you want to patch or take a node out of service you can by 'failing over' the services on it to the other node. If you get a DB problem MSCS can not help you at all.

Log shipping gives you 'rapid' recovery options for SQL(and there in SAP). The way this normally works is via either manual or automatic log-shipping to a 'standby' system with SQL/SAP loaded on it that can be brought online if you get a problem with the main system.

A well planned system will have fail-over and recovery capabilities, ie it will use BOTH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Anand,

A blank default Unicode installation of ECC 5.0 is around 50GB.

Log shipping is not a real failover solution. You have several choices to provide a highly available database:

1. MSCS

2. SQL 2005 Mirroring

Thanks

N.P.C