cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Web Dynpro from non Web Dynpro apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a way access WD components from other Java frameworks.

1. Direct api access?

2. Exposing via RPC,Web Services?

Thanks,

Artjom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Access of WD comps by API's and all but if u want to call ur webdynpro app u can use that url and u can pass values to that or retrieve.

Can u please explain ur scenario so that we can help u out. what exactly u want to do?

Regards,

Sirisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your responds,

since Macromedia Fllex is going to be included in the future stacks and we have most of our business logic in webdynpro I was wondering if there is a way to expose the interfaces for integration with flex or any other rich client framework.

I like the component based approach and saying that WD is just a presentation layer is not right. We have internally an MVC model which spreads the tiers in three different WD DC'S and only the UI DC has views. Since the controller DC contains most of our business logic I got this queston of exposing it to outer world. But it seems that WD is not intended to provide this access.

Thanks,

Artjom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artjom,

WD is presentation technology and therefore does not intend to be accessed outside via some kind of API.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think there is any direct API access to WD components. There is also no option of making a WebDynpro component as a WebService. Well the only possible way i see as of now is calling it through a URL. Apart from that i dont think there is any other way.

But why would u want to access WD apis in that way.

regards

ravi