cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Assembly Error -- but building in CBS succeeds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After recently upgrading to SP12 we are having some assembly errors in CMS. The log for the assembly error is as follows:

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2005-06-21 09:42:32.0127 -4:00

Fatal:Contact CBS administrator: Nonempty list of broken DCs -stopping export now

Error:list of broken DCs:

Error:meridium.com,rcmo/mrcmo

Error:meridium.com,rcmo/testapp

Error:meridium.com,rcmo/unittest

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2005-06-21 09:42:32.0408 -4:00

The rcmo/testapp project is dependent upon rcmo/unittest which is dependent upon rcmo/mrcmo and finally this rcmo/mrcmo project is dependent upon an External library DC call rcmo/jaxme.

After the assembly in CMS fails, the consolidation buildspace in CBS lists three broken DCs (the three projects identified in the log message above.) The rcmo/mrcmo project lists a build failue and, of couse, the other two projects have "usage failures" because of the dependencies to the project which failed to build. The build log for the rcmo/mrcmo project contains the following error:

DC Model check:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally

[dcmake] ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Could not find used public part "JaxmeAssembly" of meridium.com/rcmo/jaxme(meridium.com_RCMO_1) : Used public part not available

[dcmake] Build failed with errors.

The rcmo/jaxme project is an External Library DC with two public parts exposed, one for compliation and one for assembly. CBS shows all "green lights" for the rcmo/jaxme project so I'm not sure why we would be seeing this error. We are running SP12 and the SP12 SCAs have been checked-in/imported into the buildspaces.

Interestingly, if I initiate a manual build of the compartment in CBS, it will succeed and then returning to CMS I am able to successfully complete the assembly and import into the test system. I have no idea why a "manual" build of the compartment in CBS would succeed but initiating the assembly in CMS fails.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem disappeared after doing the following:

1) removing the "individual" used DCs that referenced the "assembly" and "compilation" public parts of the jaxme external library DC from the Web Dynpro project

2) added a used DC that only referenced the jaxme external library DC (not the individual public parts) and setting the used DC as required for both build time and runtime.

Once this change was complete, CMS had no problems locating the DC. Has anyone else experienced issues when using multiple public parts from the same DC?

0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm getting an similar error

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2007-08-13 23:38:23.0118 -3:00

Info:Checks for software component sensebyte.com,AFV_SC are performed now:

Fatal:Contact CBS administrator: Nonempty list of broken DCs -stopping export now

Error:list of broken DCs:

Error:sensebyte.com,ABMauri_AFV

Error:sensebyte.com,AFV

Error:sensebyte.com,AFV_WDP

Error:sensebyte.com,WDP

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2007-08-13 23:38:23.0399 -3:00

thanks