cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify DB Job in DBA Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In Our Production Server, we are not able to run verify db job through DB13 ( Database Calendar )

Can somebody guide me why it is not running & what is the rectification of this problem

BR0051I BRBACKUP 7.00 (11)

BR0055I Start of database backup: bdvnyeil.dbv 2007-06-23 20.00.59

BR0477I Oracle pfile /oracle/A11/102_64/dbs/initPBW.ora created from spfile /oracle/A11/102_64/dbs/spfilePBW.ora

BR0068E SAP system is running or SAP user is connected to database PBW - database cannot be shut down

BR1025I Please shut down SAP system first or use the 'offline_force' option

BR0056I End of database backup: bdvnyeil.dbv 2007-06-23 20.01.02

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2007-06-23 20.01.02

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume that in your init<SID>.sap ( initPBW.sap ) you have set the parameter

backup_type = offline

If you do not specify the backup type on the command line then it will take the value of this parameter.

As it indicates "offline" it will try to shutdown the DB, but it is not possible because there are users connected ( SAP is up )

You have two options

1) -> change the parameter to "offline_force" -> it will shutdown the db even with SAP running

2) -> change the parameter to "online", it will not shutdown the DB.

It is possible to run DBV with the database open, but it could be possible to get "false" positives if DBV is checking a block that is being written at the exact time.

Regards

Fidel

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change table SDBAC,

shortcut=VERIF

DBSYS=ORACLE

field to change: PSTRING

value: -u / -c force -w only_dbv @ []C -m @,[]S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I do am also facing the same problem. and I checked with entry that you suggested to change but I do have the same entry there in SDBAC.

The why is it still getting failed?

Do we have to shut down the system to verify DB ? ( If so, then how can that job be run? bcoz the system which is going to run the job itself is shut down! )

Thanks.

-

Shamish

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sahmish,

to get a valid DB Verify, DB should be shutdown.

and yes, it seems strange to run a DBVerify job from DB13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to run DBverify using brtools and check it asks for SAP shutdown , this is could be wrong job schedule in DB13.but i ran several times, it never asked for SAP shutdown.

Option offline_force is for backup.

regards

subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir,

What i can make out from the Log Below is its not doing a DBverify from DB13, its trying to take the Offline backup, and thats why it tells you that SAP is running and it cannot shut down the Database. Check the job in DB13 and you will be able to rectify the Error.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.