cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPIs and CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all! i want to record times in CATS from a webdynpro application, and i dont know what bapi i have to use. Wiht that i dont want to do validation checks in wdp, i want to work with the R/3 validations, then i want to know if i can use a data entry profile to get all validations or if this isnt possible.

I hope somebody can helps me.

thx

rgds.

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bert_furey3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently doing this. The Bapi's I am using are BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE, BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_DELETE and BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE, plus BAPI_CATIMESHEETRECORD_GETLIST. All the standard validations are performed by the bapi's on the R/3 side.

Hope this helps,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Bert!

I'll try with that and if i have some problem i'll ask u again.

rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Bert, but i dont know how to test this bapis in R/3. What values i must put in TESTRUN, RELEASE_DATA and AGENT parameters. in TEXT_FORMAT_IMP is ITF default.

thx n best rgds.

Gregory

bert_furey3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gregory,

In my testing I did not have to put anything in those. I only needed to make an entry in catsrecords_in.

Hope this helps,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx Bert!

I did the same an it works.

rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of application you must code?

Is it commercial?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

For updating/adding hours of an activity of a day I know that we need to make use of <b>BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE</b>.

But I am not getting what all values I should supply to table parameter CATSRECORDS_IN( ..This is only table to which we need to supply data...Am I right ).

If you can throw some light on this BAPI usage and import/export/table parameters, it will be great help for me. Now almost our work is stopped because of problem we face if we make use of

<b>BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT</b> .... adds an entry even if it is already existing entry in table CATSDB....instead of updating....

Thanks in advance,

Ganga.

Message was edited by:

Gangadharayya Hiremath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now I have got how to make use of BAPI insert and change. But problme is when I need to add an hours entry for , say tuesaday of activity A for which already monday hours exists, I am using BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT

. But it adding new row. How top overcome this.

<b> Monday

A 2</b>

After insert

<b> Monday Tuesday

A 2

A 3</b>

SHould I use delete and insert.

Please help me..;

Regards,

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadharayya,

I am facing the same issue. How did you overcome this?

Thanks

Raj Balakrishnan

Answers (0)