cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change the charset of a Web Dynpro Application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone knows if this is possible ? To be able to change the charset of a Web Dynpro application or even changing it dynamically ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/tutorial on internationalization of web dynpro applications.htm

Could you please explain little more on your requirement

Regards, Anilkumar

Message was edited by: Anilkumar Vippagunta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anilkumar,

Sorry for not elaborating further again (This is getting to be a habit ;p).

I have the document on "international of wed dynpro application" but it appears to be more on customising the label fields to reflect the corresponding text in different languages. This is indeed a very cool idea. However, the reason why I am asking if it is possible to change the charset is because (do correct me if I am wrong)I need to display japanese and english characters and to do that I need to change the charset so that Web Dynpro can have them displayed properly. Is this assumption correct ?

I have actually log a CSN ticket on this query as well and this is the reply "...... My understanding is that with Web Dynpro Java being based on Unicode, we don't need to charset settings. One should be able to display both Japanese and other characters in parallel, automatically, without problem."

Your comments please. Thank you.

from

kw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no such option present in webdynpro.

sorry if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Sirisha.