cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0CalYear to 0CalMonth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

We are doing a pilot project for APO DP using DP-BOM in which we are getting the demand on a yearly level. This demand has to be then distributed at a monthly level for the products based on the requirement by the customer. Could someone suggest the best possible way to get the demand to show up at monthly level in the planning book.

Appreciate the help.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First decide what should be the periodicity of the planning area. It should be monthly at least otherwise you can not display data in the planning book in months. You may also include year in the periodicity definition.

Then create time bucket profile to display data in months and another in years.

Assuming demand is loaded at yearly level in a cube, load this to the planning area. Due to the periodicity in months the data in the keyfigures will automatically disaggregate to months in the planning area.

After that the planner views the data in a planning book/data view with monthly time bucket profile will see the monthly disaggregated data.

Hope this helps.

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somnath-

I did upload the forecast at the yearly level and then got the periodicities in monthly defined. but then also the data is showing in the planning book in month of jan and it is not distributing it across the 12 months. is there any other way to get this thing done. I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

How did you define your time bucket profile? As per your explanation, I understand that you need the data to be displayed in both the years and then months. Then you have to define your time bucket profile in both year and months as per your requirements. Ex: For the next 2 years, you want the first 1 year in months and the next year in months, define your time bucket profile accordingly.

Please let me know if understood you wrongly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

Please check Following settings:

1. the Time Base Disaggregation settings in the Planning Area.

i.e. P-Proportional allocation, E-Equal distribution etc.

2. whether infocube has 0CALMONTH & 0CALYEAR, both.

If Yes, then which 0CALMONTH the forecast is uploaded in the InfoCube.

3. Another option is, write a macro to copy Forecast from InfoCube KF to Planning Area Forecast KF in Yearly Bucket. The Planning Area Forecast KFshould have Time based Disaggregation as P or E , as per your requirement.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,

Mangesh Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu -

I have defined the Periodicities as year and month. first year in 12 months and then rest in years.

the data is uploaded in yearly format. once the data loads, it cumilates similar item numbers and presents the number in Jan month rather then evenly distributing across the board for that yr.

For example Product A has the following forecast

Product A DC 1 1000 for yr 2007

Product A DC 2 500 for yr 2007

Product A DC 3 1500 for yr 2007

Now the cumilative of the above is shown as 3000 and not distributed across the 12 months as the data is shown in first 12 months and then yearly format.

i hope i am able to put my scenario in a clear picture.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

There is something fundamentally incorrect. A Periodicity (Storage Bucket Profile) can not be setup as first year in 12 months and rest of horizon in years. That is possible for Time (Planning) Bucket Profile used in the data views.

You have to define the Storage Bucket profile used in the Planning Area as Months and Years. Then check what is the time-based disaggregation on the keyfigure as defined in the planning area.

Load data from Infocube to the keyfigure and it would automatically disaggregate based on the Time-based Disaggregation.

Also from your example - can you check the values of the Time Characteristics in the Infocube (source of data). Is it only CalYear or you have something else too.

What is happening with Year 2008 data.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath -

Storage Bucket Profile is defined in year, quarter, month and week. I took a look into Planning Bucket profile and I corrected the display periodicity there. Let me see if that works. it is 0CALYEAR and no other time characteristic has been defined other then that.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Somnath. Was confirming my thinking.