cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether Contract Catalog can be enriched automatically by Product Catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Gurus,

I observed Contract Catalogs enriched by Supplier Catalogs. However, we would like to have the enrichment of Contract Catalogs through Product Catalogs. In other words, we don't have Supplier Catalogs, only Product Catlogs.

Whether it is possible? or if possible, what I have to maintain in Product Catlogs, because here enrichment of contrcat catalogs are not happening, if I am having product catalogs alone.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramkumar,

Contract enrichment works both Product and Supplier Catalogs in standard.

Do you see contract catalog in CCM? Is there any error in SLG1 log ?

Try this steps:

1. Transfer Materials to CCM

2. Create a contract and select item from CCM catalog

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have transferred Contracts from SRM to CCM. In SLG1, I am getting warning message as below.

No original catalog item found for contract catalog item 1

Message no. /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT004

So, you mean to say that Contract Catalogs can be enriched through Product Catalogs, am I right? It is happening here. Can you suggest, where I am doing wrong?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,,

I am working as a MM consultant , Please can you suggest me how to take SRM training ..

Is it value this point of time to do SRM , What are the benifits i will get in future.?

Please awaiting for your suggestion ...

Reward points is to be validate..

Advice me more on shivabvn@gmail.com

Thanks in advance & regards

Skumar

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramkumar,

Have you selected the item from CCM when you creating the contract?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have selected item from Internal Goods and Services while Creating the Contract in SRM.

This Contract is tranferered to CCM which created a Contract Catalog. But, this Contract Catalog, I am not able to map, since this is not compatible enough for mapping. I have transfered Product data also, which created a SRM_Extracted_Catalog in CCM. But, Contract catalog is getting enriched from Product Catalog.

What is the prerequisite for Contract Catalog to be enriched from Product Catalog?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramkumar,

Have you tested selecting the item from CCM when you create the contract? What was result?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have not checked that.Let me try from my end and will let you know.

What is the Result expected, conceptually?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

Your observations are correct per standard system. The Contract Catalog is enriched by the corresponding Supplier Catalog. It is not meant (by SAP) to be enriched by Product Catalog.

The business purpose of distributing the contract to the catalog is to update pricing in the catalog. The idea is that the SRM contract always has the up-to-date prices, so SAP came up with this distribution logic to help eliminate manual pricing updates in the corresponding Supplier Catalog.

Whatever you're trying to achieve with enrichment from the Product Catalog is not part of SAP's design for CCM. You could try implementing your own enrichment logic in the BAdI (/CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT), but it obviously requires a feasibility assessment (whether it's possible with the BAdI), and development effort (if it's possible).

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

Thank you so much for your reply.

So, Contract Catalogs can be enriched by Supplier catalogs in Standard solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar