cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter Call BAPI error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XIer,

I am using RFC receiver to make a BAPI call, I used a BAPI wrapper due to this BAPI don't have a RETURN structure in the Export Tab which is XI expected.

but after I made a wrapper, the same error occurs, just like I directly call the BAPI without wrapper function. the error as following:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Parameter with name RETURN not found.
	at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.ms.XIEventHandler.onTransmit(XIEventHandler.java:456)
	at com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.queue.CallConsumer.onMessage(CallConsumer.java:131)
	at com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.queue.Queue.run(Queue.java:848)
	at com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.runtime.MSWorkWrapper.run(MSWorkWrapper.java:56)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

the BAPI name is :QIRF_GET_USAGE_DECISION2

the wrapper name is :ZZQIRF_GET_USAGE_DECISION2

and I added a RETURN structure, type is BAPIRET2.

Please give me some ideas, thank you for your time~~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to call the BAPI Asynchronously? If yes, just create an Inbound Aysnch Message interface and use this.

Also, make sure that the BAPI has commit done on it .

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , this is a Sync interface.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still am not sure why you need a Wrapper RFC? If SP 14 or above on XI, RFC adapter have the option of BAPI commit and this will make things easy for you.

You can call the BAPI directly.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using PI7.0 SP11, I used rfc adapter to directly call BAPI, but I got the same error, the error lead me to think to use a wrapper to solve the problem, because the error mentioned there is no RETURN structure in the BAPI response, that's why I use BAPI. But even I use BAPI, I also get the same error as I directly call BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I restart XI, it works, the result is we have to add wrapper to add RESULT structure in Export tab of the wrapper function, if we face this error.