cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI saplogon shortcut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently ironed some other issues with SAP GUI 710 and now I've encountered a new one.

It seems that the desktop shortcut 'SAP Logon' does not have an application associated to it. When checking the application associations there is no entry for '.SAL', but there is an entry for '.S8L'. Therefore the desktop shortcut is invalid even though it's data does contain the normal attributes to launch the logon pad.

I was able to fix it on one test computer by modifying the registry, but this is not an simple fix to perform on hundreds of computers even considering writing this fix as a vbs.

The interesting thing is that if I run the installation from the cd and use the exact same components the shortcut is associated properly. The problem is in using my installation server package (which I reconstructed twice to see if was a bad config).

I have implemented SAP GUI 710 patch 1 and 2 directly into the installation server image.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I solved my own problem whilst waiting for SAP to respond to my message.

All I had to do to fix was create empty files in \setup\sal\ as such:

SapLogon.s8l

saplgpad.s8l

I also have the original .sal files with the same names too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found SAP note explaining the .S8L extension. That occurs only with 710 patch 2. See OSS note 1057351 for more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have opened a message with SAP. Thus far they've only asked for the nwsapsetup.log. I will share updates here.

adecesare
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same problem, i cannot find anything in the NwSapSetup*.log.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Greetings,

Alex De Cesare

andreas_rueger
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Salminen,

could you please open a message for this issue? We will need to take a look at the NwSapSetup*.log files from an affected client in order to analyze the problem.

Best regards,

Andreas Rueger

SAP AG