Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy and BPM with message maping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario like :

ABAP Client Proxy ( synch )

-> BPM ( to retriggr SOAP call and raise alerts with error and reponse back to Abap client )

-> message mapping

-> SOAP ( synch )

1. What can be the issues with this scenario ?

2. How can I return response and excetion back to ABAP client from BPM ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anisha

You can have a exception handler block in your BPM that will return the response back to the Proxy in case of an Exception etc.

Refer to the Exception handling section in this link ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

what kind of mapping I might need in lpconfig ( XI or webservice ) ? If I use webservice will it be less efficient as it had to go via http and use java stack for BPM and mapping ( and not XI protocol and ABAP stack which is supposedly more efficient ).

Thanks and regards,

Anisha.

Message was edited by:

Anisha B

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anisha,

Sorry, but I could not follow this update here. Can you explain further please.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I need to call a SOAP service from ABAP client synchronous proxy.

How should I configure using transaction lpconfig - what is the runtime i should use as I need to use BPM and tranformation in XI.

If webservice runtime - what else I need to enable the call to XI ? What kind of http port i shoud use ( type G or H )

Thanks and regards,

Anisha.

null

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to use ABAP proxies and XI , then you would just need to enable ABAP proxies as shown in this blog on your R3 system.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

You need not use a BPM as both Proxies and SOAP support fault message and so you can use fault message mapping to propogate the fault message back to r3.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

We have a very heterogenous env. with XI as a middleware for non sap applications as well.

As per design guidelines for consistent processes - we need to do all the error handling and alerts in BPM.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> As per design guidelines for consistent processes -

> we need to do all the error handling and alerts in

> BPM.

You mean you are planning to use a BPM for all Interfaces just because someone told so? Why use a BPM when there is no need for it. If you have a Business Process that demands a BPm then yes use it, but for this sceanrio, you can use Fault messages to propaggate the error back to the R3 system, and use the Xi alerts ( without BPM ) if a runtime error occurs etc.

Is there some Business Process Involved here? What is the exact requirement?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

some non sap applications cannot handle error handling , logging, retriggering and triggering some other business process and alerting which will be complimented by BPM. They want to use a similar design template for a cetralized error handling.

I hope it is technically possible but not aware of the exact steps required.

Thanks and regards,

Anisha.