Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetition of Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I'm new to Adobe forms.

I've created an Adobe form with a Table Element (the one in the Library->Standard), and used the Wizard. There are 9 columns. I've specified the body rows as varying, and have written javascript code on a button action to add new rows.

The problems I'm facing are:

1. When I move my cursor from the 1st field to the 2nd field of the same row, the data entered in the first field disappears. It comes back, as soon as I click the 1st field again.

2. Whenever I add another row, the data entered in the first row gets duplicated. If I change the values in these rows, it affects the other rows as well, ie, if I change the 3rd field in my 3rd row, the 3rd field of all the rows gets updated with the new value.

Where have I gone wrong? Awaiting for your inputs and thanks in advance.

Anil Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Check out the scripts you have entered and also the one already existing.

Do let us know the versions of Reader you are using.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

The Adobe Reader version is 7.0.9 and I'm using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1.

I've solved the data repetition problem. That was the result of incorrect cardinality.

But the other problem persists.

Whenever I move from one field to another via the mouse, some of the already entered disappears, mostly the one in the same row, and sometimes in different rows as well. There is no defenite pattern. But if I move from field to field using the 'Tab' key, the data remains. Why is this so??

Thanks & Regards

Anil Madhavan

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anil,

hi i could'nt find any table UI element in the Library->standard

but may be you have got it...later version... may be

try checking the font size of UI element. try making it a bit small...(GOTO Font...)

if the font size of the text is too large for the size of UI element... it may give probs...

with regards,

-amol gupta

Message was edited by:

amol gupta