cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro ABAP applications do not show up as a service in SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating ABAP WebDynpro applications using Repository Browser->Web dynpor comp./Intf. component type (the standard way of creating webdynpro applications).

Some application show up under the SICF service "path /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<my application>" , but other don't show up at all. All applications (whether they show up in SICF or not) work fine.

Any reason why some applications don't show up in SICF? shouldn't all applications show up in SICF?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

when you are creating a wd application does it show you an information popup saying "you don't have authorisation to create ICF node", this may not be the exact message and its something similar. if this the case then a service doesn't get created for your application in SICF.

the reason for this is certain missin authorisation objects in your profile,

you can go through the following link for further details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/83/9b4941abbb4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta, yes I am getting the error you mention. However, I am able to call the application from the Web. How is this possible? can an application be called if there is no ICF service created for it?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone has an answer for my last question??

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

services within the SICF transaction are just handlers which decide at runtime what to do next when a request is recieved at the server.

for a web dynpro application if there is no service existing fr it in particular then the its parent's handler would get invoked. that's the reason it works even if there is no service existing for it.

you would have noticed the path in the url it would be something similar to

http://host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/app_name

under the sicf also the path is sap->bc->webdynpro and this would definitely exist in every system hence would get invoked automatically if no matching service is found for the particular webdynpro application

hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Shweta

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

All the applications should show up in the SICF , i dont know why its not coming for you.If you have given the name of the application like /SAP/MYSERVICE..then it will create one more directory with SAP and inside that it will create MYSERVICE.

Thanks

Anzy

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One more thing, in se80 if you create a component , it will not create anything in SICF....ONLY when you create an application , the SICF entry will be created.

Thanks

Anzy