cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTR2.0 SR4, PL 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The problems with creation of trip had been solved in the PL01. The add on patch files are in the Service Market place.

Everything is working fine, except when I create a pre trip and do a sync, I get the following error message in data upload

"Error! Invalid trip type"

This occurs only for the trip-type as PreTrip if the trip type is changed to Actual Expenses it works fine.

Is that MTR does not support pre trip creation? or Is that anything to do with the configuration?

Please let me know

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

If Pre Trip means Travel Request, then MTR does not support creation nor edition. It can only display them.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julien

Pre-trip does not mean Travel Request. There are two types of expense reports that could be created one is the Pre trip expenses and other is the post trip (Actual Expenses). This option is given while creating an expense report, If we select the "PreTrip", we have to given an estimated travel expenses, and if we select "Actual Expense", we have to create the actual trip expenses. The actual trip expense report works perfectly fine. But when we create a trip with type PreTrip, the synchronization fails with a message Invalid Trip type.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

What you describe as a PreTrip sounds actually a lot like a Travel Request/Travel Plan. And those types are not supported. Only actual expenses can be create in MTR.

What makes you think that the software is in error?

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julien

I just want to make sure, is there anything in our hands to make it work. The reason being,

• The trip type by default gets assigned to the pre-trip in the drop down in MTR, but we were not able to see the expense types like "Estimate-Airfare", "Estimate-Food" etc, in the second page.

• The error does not occur while creating a trip expense with type pre-trip (created successfully), the error only occurs during synchronization.

• In Portal we were able to create a trip expense report with trip type pre-trip.

Thanks

Raj