cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET connector licence price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently facing a little problem. I need to find out price of .net connector

licence. We need to decide which solution we'll use for connecting to SAP system.

I know that all information are available on SAP marketplace, but we have currently

no key, because project is in phase of planning (no contract has been made = no

key for SAP marketplace)

Can you give me some link or source of information about this licence (I need concrete information i.e. price/time period etc...).

There will be only single connection ( single .NET server <=> SAP system )

I appreciate your time and help,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Libor,

the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET is free of charge, however every user who accesses your SAP system has to be properly licensed. This means if you build an application using the .NET connector which is used by an employee this employee has to be a licensed SAP user. I would recommend that you contact an SAP Account Manager in order to discuss this in detail.

- Juergen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for you useful advices

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Libor,

the question is whether you really need the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET in order to connect to an SAP System.

What is the Basis release of the system that you want to connect to ?

If it is based on the SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher it is possible to connect to such a system using Web services.

In this case you don't need a connector.

You can download trial versions of an ABAP system here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc815824...

In this .NET interop area you will find numerous examples how to consume SAP Web services using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.

Best regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Juergen,

but now I am a little bit confused. In one of previous forums there was

said that you need some kind of developer licence for .net connector.

(search "licence" keyword over this forum)

But if it is really free of charge, I only need to somehow pass licensed users logins from

.NET to SAP system to get it to work ?

Is there any way to logon to SAP market place, or I have to buy some SAP solution

to receive user id and password ?

Thank you again for cooperation

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Libor,

the SAP Service Marketplace is for SAP customers and partners. You ca apply for a user here:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/002006825000100141192000E/

Best regards,

André