cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update groups in Credit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody please explain to me the different scenarios where we use various update groups (000012, 000015 and 000018)? What I need is an example situation. Please don't repeat the sentences from the standard documentation. I have read it many times myself; but I couldn't understand.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

The update groups are used to decide when and what values should be updated with respect to credit management.

Group 00012 would update the credit values when an order, delivery, billing and accounting documents are created.

Group 00015 woud update the credit values when delivery and accounting documents are created.

Group 00018 would update the credit values when order, billing and accounting documents are created.

In most cases we would use group 00012 as it is more relevant to the real time scenario.

Incase you want the credit values to be updated only when delivery and accounting documents are created use group 00015. It then implies that any order created against the customer would not have an impact on the credit management data.

Hope it was clear and helped you. Reward if you felt the same.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The credit relevant data is updated into an information structure, where it is accessed andupdated. Thus each automatic credit control must be assigned an update group. The system allowsfor no update, and update group 000012, 000015 and 000018.

The difference between the three update groups is as follows:

Update group 000012

Sales order: Increases the open order value from delivery-relevant schedule lines

Delivery: Reduces the open order value from delivery-relevant schedule lines and increases the open delivery value

Billing document: Reduces the open delivery value and increases the open billing document value

Financial accounting document: Reduces the open billing document value and increases open items

Update group 000015

Delivery: Increases the open delivery value and increases the open billing document value

Financial accounting document: Reduces the open billing document value and increases open items

Update group 000018

Sales order: Increases the open delivery value

Billing document: Reduces the open delivery value and increases the open billing documentvalue

The decision on which update group to use is based upon the business requirements; however,

update group 000012 is thorough and used in most businesses.

prashanth

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prashanth,

Looking at your last sentence,

<b>"The decision on which update group to use is based upon the business requirements; however, update group 000012 is thorough and used in most businesses."</b>

This is what I was asking for. Please read my orginal post. I want to know in which kind of real-time scenarios these different update groups are used. If update group 000012 is thorough, why do we have the other two? If you can try to explain using an example, it would help me; rather than copying and pasting the F1 help.

Thanks,

Swathi.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

swati,check the std settings for creditmemo req this may give answer toyour que.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update groups are used, in order to group different key figures from (e.g) SD module to the structures in Logistics Information System.

What happens is when ever an event take place, e.g billing document raised, it can be customized to populate the LIS Structure (kind of a data warehouse) with key data you are looking for to report and evaluate. This update can be made either immediately or periodically.