Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Interface Determination for IDOCs

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a query on the usage of Enhanced Interface Determination for IDocs.

I've to create IDocs based on the condition in the Message Mapping i.e. say if recordtype in the source is A then IDoc1 should be created and if recordtype is B then IDoc2 should be created.

Is it possible to use Enhanced Interface Determination to achieve this??.. Because I was told by someone that Enhanced Interface Determination can't be used for IDoc based scenarios though am using External Definitions for the mapping purpose. Please clarify.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

You cannot use Enhenced Interface determination but instead in your interface determination you can add multiple Inbound interfaces ( one for each Idoc) and then add the condition to each interface.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar/ Bhavesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think I wasn't clear in my previous post.

The scenario is the input file has three different record types (3 different structures) and the IDocs should be created based on the record type. I don't think I can use the condition based scenario as the record types are totally different. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Joe.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

Even in this case you can continue with the above approach.

3 Inbound Interfaces, with 3 separate Interface mappings, one for each Idoc. You need not specify any Condition in the Interface Determination.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

No need of enhanced , just use standard ...

this can be achieved in Interface Determination by using two Interface mappings and giving the two conditions (For Inbound Interface) in it for each recordtype for each ....

Hope you have created two mappings and also two IM for each idoc....

Regards,

sridhar