cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table compatibilityMode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am updating WD runtime API calls in my application as part of an upgrade from NW04 to NW04s, and am having trouble reproducing my current table configuration without using the compatibilityMode property value nw04plus (which is deprecated).

I need a table that allows single lead selection, with checkboxes as an editor in one of the columns. Toggling the checkboxes should not change the lead selection (this is for performance, so it should not fire the onLeadSelect event). Is there a way to configure the table so that the selection column is the only column that affects the leadselection (like setting the compatibilityMode to nw04plus)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just set compatibilityMode to nw04plus and ignore the deprecation warning? If your Web Dynpro component is "old", you have to do it that way.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've upgraded the SC to 7.0, so the new table options are available...

Did you mean there is no other way to do this besides using the deprecated methods - or did you mean the methods won't be removed in a future version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you created your component with an older IDE version, it will internally marked as "old" and you have to use the compatibilityMode property to change its behaviour to the "new" one. This is to keep the behaviour of old components compatible. New behaviour has to be explicitly indicated.

If you created the component with a "new" IDE, setting the property to nw04_plus is not needed.

This property will never disappear in any 7.0 version.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain how to do this in a "new" component? I have created a sample project to test the table selection behavior (created in IDE version 7.0.09), and see the same results (toggling the checkboxes always fires the onLeadSelect event). Is this scenario possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really? Or is there an action assigned to the CheckBox.onToggle event?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no action assigned to the onToggle event...