cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a macro which calculates the simple logic (c = a - (b*0.005)). This logic is being correctly calculated at aggregated level (all locations). But if I disaggregate at each location level, the calculations are mismatching. My guess is something wrong in running the MACRO in the background. Can someone please let me know thier thoughts on this issue?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you make sure that in the planning area admin, disaggregation type for KF <b>c</b> is not based on another KF

a way to do this is to allow the macro to run only at the disaggregated level (by a drill downcalculation drill up macro in a collective macro) you might get the desired result when it aggregates back up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

I have never used Collective macro, so not sure about this option, if it is really not performance intensive can you please guide me how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its not intensive. Just dont set it on default or level change. Put it on start or exit and it should work when you change values and save

you can see collective macros as an option when you create a new macro

you basically create 3 macros and use the collective macro to <i>wrap</i> them. Helps particularly when you want to do a drill up and drill down at a detailed level while you are at an aggregated level

pl see and Somnaths reply in it for some more insight and for looking at the sample macro

I suggest you also read 433166

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Check the below link for detail explanation.

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

For some reason I am getting to the same thread we are discussing, on clicking the link you posted.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

Attach your macro to the Level Change type and check it out.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Thanks alot, your answer is very helpful, but the thing is, in the formula (c = a -(b*0.005)), after applying the level change even the constant factor 0.005 is being disaggregated to 6 locations as 0.001, 0.003, 0.001.

Can you please let me know why it is happening this way?

Thanks

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you want to change the aggregation level at which the macro is working in the background? You may also want to check if disagg factors are playing any role here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

Is your macro attached in Level Change type?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Siva, this macro is not level change type?

Sarath.