cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have problem wit calling SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM api.

When I call this api from SAPGUI the result is ok - workitem i started, but when i call that api from webdynpro I get a message:

No user for work find.

I am connected to R3 via JCO witch user DDIC and in GUI i have tried also with this user.

Are there differences between JCO connection and "interactive" connection? What should I do to solve this problem?

Best regards

Bogdan

Message was edited by: Bogdan Rokosa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well i dont know what your problem might be. It works for me. I am able to execute the workitem. I am using SAP 4.7 Enterprise. WebAS 6.40 and NWDS ver 2.0.11

That shouldnt make any difference. But let me know the steps that you did to execute the workitem. For executing the workitem all you require is the Workitem Id.

BTW are you passing the workitem id padded with leading zeroes. For example if your wi_id is "634561" then in your WebDynpro enter it as "000000634561". That could be one of the problems. Check in any case.

Also ensure you select a valid workitem from SAP. There could be some unwanted workitems that you are trying to execute from WD for test purposes. Ask a workflow person in your team to give you a valid workitem id.

If you still face problems do the debugging in ABAP from WebDynpro using the following steps.

1. Log on to sap.

2. Go to the RFC (SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM).

3. Choose Utilities->Settings and then the ABAP Editor tab followed by Debugging.

4.Enter the user for which the debugging session is to take place (By Default it will be the user who logged in to SAP gui).

4.1 Keep a external break point in your RFC code.

5. The user you have used in JCO connection in J2EE, User you have used in creating the models and the logged in user (SAP GUI) should be same.

6. Deploy your webdynpro application and run.

Hope that helps you.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your answer.

I have checked the step list and i have found only one difference - the model was imported with another user - that should have no effect - but when i change that (new import model) behavior my WDP was too changed. Yet i must made a sequention of action (action is always the same - execute the woriktem) from different WDP. The status of task change from ready, than is felt, and finally is completed. But WF status is felt. Excuse me this complicated description I don't understand this behavior completely

Possibly I have the Task not correctly configured?

Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I didnt quite get when you said

"The status of task change from ready, than is felt, and finally is completed. But WF status is felt"

Can you tell me what you meant by that. Are you saying the status of the workitem in R/3 changed after you executed this RFC from WebDynpro.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I know that my description was not clear, but that is very difficult to describe. I try detail describe my last test.

In R3 I have define WF with user activity Prüfen dedicated to user DDIC (the activities call BO method without dialog). I would like to start this task from WDP (i call SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM). When i call this API from sap GUI everything is ok - task is completed and workflow go to next step.

With WDP is not so good:(

WDP is logged to R3 with user DDIC via JCo.

When i have one instance my WDP (1 browser with WDP) i can call the api many times and that take no result - task is in status "ready" (message: no user to task found). When i start second instance WDP and call api status of the task is changed to "failed", and yet when i call the api from first browser task is completed but wf not go to next step - it ended with status failed.

I have no idea where is reason of this problem

Thank for your interest.

Regards Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think i got your problem. Well change the JCO connection to the user with which you log into SAP and tested the workflow.

Say you logged in to SAP as "USERA" and executed the workitem say "0000006767676" then everything is fine.

But now from WebDynpro you are connecting as "DDIC" user. The inbox items for both the users will not be the same. So the workitem you are trying to pass from Webdynpro to SAP will not exist in the inbox of user "DDIC" but it will be available in the inbox of "USERA". I guess you understood the problem now.

Try it and let me know. Hope that solves your problem. Do let me know the results.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I have tried with task's which was dedicated to user DDIC (user DDIC is defined as responsible agent) and that don't work

Regards Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You mean he is defined as a Substitute.Well is the workitem existing in the inbox of DDIC user. Because we are able to execute the scenario and if the workitem is not there in the inbox we seem to be getting the error no user to task.

check that let me know.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

The workitem existing in DDIC's input box and is in status ready when i try to execute it. So far I can use only api SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_COMPLETED and than start the BO method my self (that works correctly but that is very bad solution).

Regards Bogdan