cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Unit problems

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The person who set up the HR org structure in SRM is no longer here and we are struggling with some errors.

For some reason, one of the org units is no longer linked to the root. The root stores the attributes that users would see when they go shopping. We have no idea how many units are no longer linked to the root. How do we go about putting that link back? We run an ALE from the backend to SRM which normally works. But, it does not appear to be working for this particular org unit. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

We are on SRM 4.0; backend is ECC 5.0.

Monique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Select - Drag and Drop</b> the <b>de-linked org unit</b> (from the left bottom pane - <b>Description window</b>) on to the relevant root in the org structure. Its gets linked with all the attributes inherited properly...

Rgds

Reddy.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am aware of that procedure. However, is that the best way to resolve it? Is there a way to find out why it is not linked in the first place (when it was before)? For some reason, I thought the drag and drop was not recommended if we bring the HR structure over via ALE's.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through links below -></b>

Regards

- Atul

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is not a new process for us. Everything has already been set up for 2 years now. But, for some reason, a particular organizational unit no longer is linked to the root. The model already exists. I'm just trying to figure out why and how the link was removed and to get everything back to normal.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through the following SAP OSS Notes as well -></b>

Note 574604 Various correction reports for EBP business partner

Note 628386 Incorrect link for EBP for 'External business partners'

Note 307265 Performance problems, organiz. structure f.vendors

Note 306371 Performance problems, org.-structure for vendors

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I didnt faced any errors with this procedure done with HR in place...May be some users might have delinked the org unit accidentally???

To see the last changes, goto Tx PO10 - key in the org unit - select <b>Object</b> in <b>activity tab</b> - click on <b>display icon</b> - change information...

You can assign the relationship proceed as follows...<b>But check with any HR guy on the correctness of the process (as it may delete the previous assignments/relationships)...</b>

Goto Tx PO10 - Select your delinked org unit. In the Activity Tab - select the Relationships - Click on the Create Icon - mentioned the validity period & the relation type (it should be B|002).

In the type of related object - select Organisation unit

ID of the related object - Org unit ID to which the delinked orgunit has to be attached - and Save.

Rgds

Reddy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

Please check the <b>SAP OSS Note 615896</b>, which give you the name of the template for HR replication.

I have used it for a release 4.7 and it works like a charm

<u>Steps -></u>

1- Start the relevant transaction (BD64),

2-change to change mode,

3-select Edit/Model view/Create using template (Ctrl + F5) in the menu and

4-follow the program instructions

<b>Related links to refer -></b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul