Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StringBuffer problems in custom Adapter Modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing this weird problem while creating an adapter module:

whenever I use in my code a StringBuffer object I get an exception in the adapter runtime; notice that when I test it on my machine it works just fine.

Even surrounding every piece of code with try-catch blocks I wasn't able to get the exact Exception, which appeared only as a com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseTransactionRolledbackLocalException.

Using a simple String object instead of the StringBuffer one the exception didn't appear again and the module worked.

Is this behaviour a normal one or is there something wrong?

thaks in advance for help,

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniele ,

this sounds really funny:)....

but let me tell you that I have used Stringbuffers extensively in all my adapter modules to build the payload string and it for sure is not a problem with usage of StringBuffer.

check out for all kind of logical errors wrt initialization / runtime exceptions being thrown....again...It cant be a problem wih StringBuffer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol ah thank you for the reply.

This sounds funny also to me, but I'm not the only one in the office having the same problem.

The strangest thing is that a brutal replacement of StringBuffer with String cancels the error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

I think you should check that the versions of your local jdk is alligned with the java vm version of your XI.

Regards,

Sergio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a problem with Module Deployment with Receiver Communication Channel. Communication channel is OK but when we see the Log it is showing following Error, please update me with your help

2007-08-27 12:59:27 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseTransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback.

2007-08-27 12:59:27 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback.

2007-08-27 12:59:27 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback.: com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseTransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback..

2007-08-27 12:59:27 Error The message status set to NDLV.