cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A scenario reg sales orgn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Hope u are aware that sales orgn is unique to a company code.I came across a scenario for the first time.When i was trying to create a intercompany billing transaction.

ie there are 2 company codes

company code X Sales Area X.

Company code Y Sales Area Y.

Both these ccd are assigned to the same client.

I accidentally created a customer in xd01.With internal no range assignment ,Acct gp: sold to party.

The input parameters given were company code : X Sales Area : Y(ie,sales org,Dist Chnl,Division assigned to comapny code Y).

Still i was allowed to create a customer master.Can anybody try this out and tell me the background of this scenario.

regards,

k.Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its a good observation. But, as others suggested its not relevant even the company(not company code) is similar or not. Even if it is different the system is allowing to create a customer.

I think even in domain or SAP the customer is not identified by a company. A customer is always accessed by many companies. That is customer is always Sales area specific. or identified by sales area and not by company code. Hence, it can be any company or company code the customer would be the same. As far as extension is considered that also does not need any common COMPANY for company codes.

The customer only depends on sales areas. That is ALL SALES AREAS or CUSTOMER SALES AREAS. But, not on company code.

Award points if found helpful.

Regards,

P.Vijay R sharma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to my understanding you can have any number of sales orgs to a company. As u you said it is unique.. i.e one sales org can be assigned to exactly one company code .. and this sales org can have many combinations of distribution channels and divisions which forms different sales areas.. so many sales areas can be found for a particular company You can have any number of company codes to a client.

But for the sake of cross company sales(intra) where u customize the sales area Y to company code X, your scenario is possible. check the customization of the both sales area to both companies.

thanks

mmn

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to my understanding you can have any number of sales orgs to a company. As u you said it is unique.. i.e one sales org can be assigned to exactly one company code .. and this sales org can have many combinations of distribution channels and divisions which forms different sales areas.. so many sales areas can be found for a particular company You can have any number of company codes to a client.

But for the sake of cross company sales(intra), your scenario is possible.

thanks

madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create new CMR with x company code and can extend to y company code if both company codes belong to same company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think both the company codes belong to the same company. so it will permit creating the customer master as it thinks we are extending the customer to the other sales area, if iam not wrong.

chan