cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions concerning HowTo send IDoc to external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

well i want to send and receive IDoc from an external system.

The other side of the communication now needs information from me what kind of parameters i can give to connect both systems. Also i need some informations concerning this.

I gonna use IDoc-Tunneling in XI. Because of sending data to the ext. System i need a RFC-Connection of TCP/IP?! But what kind of program do i have to start at other side (see Technical settings).

- Special to XI i have to configure a third party system in SLD. Do i need the system-parameters from the ext. System?

- in ID i have to configure PARTY!? Right?!

How to load external meta-data? is it possible via IDX2 by using the TCP/IP-RFC?

Perhaps somebody can give me a road map on which data i need from the ext. system and what i can give to the admin of the ext. System for sending IDoc to XI?!

br Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your posting is contradicting in certain area like you are tlking about external meta data, party and at the same time u r saying that u r gonna use IDOC tunneling.. i am kinda confused, hence i thought tht if u can give more info abt ur external system, we can understand better.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

By IDoc-Tunneling i am thinking of just putting the IDoc through XI without transformation in XML (like in one blogs of Michal). Because of this blog there seems only to be one step in IR - import IDoc. in ID there are the mandatory steps.

But if i want the ext. Admin to tell what parameters i need to communicate with the ext. system i have doubts in telling him just the IP and perhaps a program which we have to start via RFC configured in XI.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But if i want the ext. Admin to tell what parameters i need to communicate with the ext. system

This is wht i wld like to know, wht is tht external system? is it R/3 system? or non SAP system? wl the external system able to handle the SAP-IDOC format or you are doing any transformation in XI? may be it is little irritating to you.. but u need to provide adequate info.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok sorry for this. for me it was clear that it is non-SAP - but forgot to write it. Actually i have no idea what kind of system this is but i know that it can send/receive data. But because as pre-information the ext. admin wants some info about what paramters like IP etc. i need to connect his system to XI.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>but i know that it can send/receive data

wht is that data format? plz chk with them, whether it is able to accept SAP-IDOC format without any transformation? if so, then you can think of IDOC tunneling and if you don't need to do the mapping within the XI.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you plz tell us abt your external system? and what data formats they are providing etc.. etc..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, they will receive and send IDoc - what more do u need?!