cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - selection tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I am trying to understand the different tables for holding selections in APO DP.

I see the following tables:

1. Those with a name of /1APO/S100000nnn - these contain selection ids for a particular planning area

2. Table /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2 - table of forecast profiles assigned to selections.

What is the relationship between these tables? Are the 'selection ids' the same?

Thanks,

Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob.

Basically, Yes they are the same ID's.

Selections are created, quite often internally as a result of failing the diagnosis group threshold during a mass forecasting run. An internally created forecast profile is also generated during a run and assigned to the selection so that forecasters can work on the failed forecast selection in a separate profile.

The first set of tables hold the selections, the second table holds the assignment.

these can all be created manually but can be quite tricky as the selection id creation is not very user friendly, it seems to be designed more for the internal generation.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for this.

I have a flat file list of product at customer combinations which effectively I want to be selection ids. Do you have any ideas about how I could load these combinations from the flat file into the 'selection id' table.

Thanks,

Bob.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Please look at the following threads which talk about creating selection profiles from flat file using custom development.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (0)