Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Validation Problem

jnmurthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with date validation. I need to validate an input field which will be filled in with a date. When the user enters a wrong format of the date, an exception should be raised.

Webdynpro automatically handles the validation, but its throwing an exception in German language.

The exception is:

<i><b>"Bitte giben Sie den Wert in der Form 11/25/1987 ein"</b></i>

How could I solve this, so that the exception would be raised in english and more understandable to the user. Or, how could I handle the exception and raise my own exception.

any help is appreciated with reward points.

Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Webdynpro automatically handles the validation for all dictionary types, when any action(if the property "Without Validation" is not set) is called.

You can set this property for all actions, and then create your own validation method.

Best Regads, Vitali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the tutorial in this link will help you to validate the date field in webdynpro-java...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20jav...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20jav...

If helpful please reward with points.

Thanks

ritu

Message was edited by:

Ritushree Saha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

What is the project language that you've selected and also if you are using transalation.Change that to english as default.

Regards

Amit

jnmurthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please tell me where do I need to look inorder to change these settings

regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your NW version is NW04 SP18 and less then the error messgaes will be thrown in German.

Upgrade to NW04 SP19 or else check out the SAP note 993423.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

We are using NW04'S SP12. Still facing the same problem. Can I apply SAP Note 993423. Will it work. Otherwise Please let me know any other Solution.

Thank you,

Sreekanth

former_member187990
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Browser,

In IE, Go to <b>Tools->Internet Options->Languages.</b>

In languages box, check for English (United States)[en-us]

if it is not there click <b>add</b> to add english and move to first.

Regards

Satish Kumar SV