cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - internal/external field names in interactive DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

In interactive DP, in the shuffler, there is the 'internal field name' (CHAVL) and the 'external field name' (CHAVLEXT) available for display, for a given characteristic.

What is the difference between these two.

I also see short description (TXTSH), medium description (TXTMD) and long description (TXTLG).

TXTSH is maintained as master data, I believe, but where are TXTMD and TXTLG maintained?

Thanks,

Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

If you are talking abt these fields, then there is no difference between first two fields. CHAVLEXT just show how characterstic value is stored in system and CHAVL shows how it displays.

Field for any Characteristic Value (External Display) CHAVLEXT

Field for any Characteristic Value CHAVL

Short Description TXTSH

Medium Description TXTMD

Long Description TXTLG

I think last 3 filds are been maintained in masterdata ( three descriptions which are short, medium & long).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you go to RSD1 and choose the Info-object and click on maintain

go to master data / txts tab

check the "Medium texts exits" and the "long texts exists option"

activate the object with the <b>activate</b> icon....

now click on the <b>maintain</b> button above and youo can see where this can be maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob.

Th short medium and long texts are maintained in the InfoObject maintained in DW Workbench.

The settings on the InfoObject masterdata tab determine which (sh, m and/or L) exist. Right click on the InfoObject in the tree and "Maintain Master Data" to maintain the text values.

hope this helps Mark.