cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS - How do I display only red alerts in my own monitor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create a monitor where only the red alerts will be displayed. Is there a way to do it? If not, is there a way to sort the MTE's displayed according to their colours so that the red alerts will be displayed first?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant find this document XAL11EN.pdf as the above link isn't working any more. Can anybody help - thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benno,

You can find the document on SDN. A lot of stuff was moved from service.sap.com to SDN.

Here is the link.

[original link is broken]

I have no idea how you would navigate to the main page, but the link is

[original link is broken]

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are in your tree and select your MTE you can then select display alerts (that of course is sorted) however, in the tree itself there is not much control for the display.

At least non that I have found in the last year. Which is also why we started to build our own methods for displaying:

PHP: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/05/17/php-howto-your-system-status-rz20

BSP: /people/sap.user72/blog/2004/10/27/bspabap-howto-read-mte-class-values

You can also activate the BSP "alertinbox" under transaction SICF, then "default host" - "sap" - "bc" - "bsp" - "sap" - "alertinbox" then you just need to set up your system to send the alerts to the alert inbox and then you can view them there instead of RZ20.

Alertinbox: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/14/alert-management--improving-monitoring-of-your-landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I've just (quickly) read your blogs. Really nice.

Maybe you can put a link to this document.

http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700008283732002E/XAL11EN.pdf

The quicklink is http://service.sap.com/systemmanagement -> system monitoring and alert management -> developers zone.

You could have used this stuff when you originally posted your question. Hope it is still usefull.

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the doc, yes it looks like it would of been a big help earlier on.

I've updated the weblogs with the new info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply. Seems like your solution demands some knowledge and experience which we don't have at the moment and don't have the time to acquire... Did you ever consider using external monitoring system (e.g. IBM's Tivoli)?

Orna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem with those external systems like IBM's Tivoli they cost a fortune, Nagolis is free but the problem was that we wanted to integrate with other areas and thus building our own was the best and simplest way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your help.

orna

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem.