Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Audit Security Setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the questions.

1. If I activate the Profile in Dynamic Configuration (w/o restarting SAP) does it automatically stops the Audit Profile in Static Configuration?

2. If I distribute the activation in all apps servers, which server does SAP save the log file?

3. Do I have to maintain DIR_AUDIT, FN_AUDIT, rsau/.. via RZ10 in all apps servers or any server will do?

4. If I have rsau/selection_slots = '2', can I activate Filter 1 and Filter 2 at the same time?

5. How would I know if the parameter is active or not? If the parameter is not in RZ10, is it active and does it use the default value?

Thanks a lot,

Kiko

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to #2:

The log is saved at each Apps Server, so when you query the log, you need to select all logs to get a complete audit log.

Thanks,

Lye

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Answer to #1

Changes in the Dynamic Configuration automatically overrule the settings of the Static Configuration. After a system start the Static configuration will be picked up again. So normally changes should be made in both configurations.

Answer to #4

Yes, both filters can be active simultaneously. On older SAP versions the default number of filters is 2. It can be extented to 10 via OSS note 107417

Check OSS note 574914 as well for generic user selection.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk