Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a Materials Management consultant.

I would like to know,

What kind of a relationship can be had between MM and NetWeaver?

What are the advantages using NetWeaver?

How will it be useful to me to know more about NetWeaver?

Thanks & Regards,

A.Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi raju,

NetWeaver comes in to play when u talk about Web Application/ Mobile Based Application mainly, so now u can switch from ur traditional system to web/mobile based system, so just seat at ur home, and work from ur mobile. Or access SAP from anywhere u want.

it is not only advantage of NetWeaver, but i gave u one Advantage which i personally feel best.

regards,

kamaljeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

There is no relationship between MM and Netweaver. Netweaver is a technical platform just like Basis, when you are configuring or executing MM processes or doing customizing in IMG you don't care what platform was used for building this application. Netweaver will have a big impact on how the applications are designed but there is no functional impact if you are talking about the MM module. The whole reason why all this kind of development is happening is because people are now moving beyon traditional ERP and businesses want to automate how they collaborate with their partners in the whole value chain, so now that they have implemented ERP they want to build upon that and develop more applications like CRM, SRM, PLM , SEM etc. While developing these new application SAP made some strategic decision in terms of changes they need to make to the platform/Basis. Netweaver is the result of those changes. It doesn't change anything for already existing application but it does change a the way new applications are developed.

I hope I am making some sense.

Regards,

Sanjeev