cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating a label for a checkbox group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know whether its possible to associate a label/caption with a check box group so that during Acessibility testing the screen reader wont read the label for check box group instaed will directly go to the checkboxgroup.Kindly reply .

regards

Neeta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In checkbox group each checkbox has individual label displayed by mapping of texts property of checkbox group to a attribute under node.

you can define a lable and then palce a checkbox group beside that,but

you can associate a checkbox with a label using the labelFor property of Label.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to accociate a checkboxgroup with a label. is it possible?or is it possible to associate a caption with a checkbox group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you need to show a label for check box group or associate labels for check box group?

can you explain some detail

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I need to assign label for checkbox group.I could find that for label in labelfor option its not listing the name of checkbox so that i can associate a label with a checkbox group.The actual needs comes during aceesibility testing mainly for blind persons when they press tab the screen reader should not read the label but only the checkbox group.I came to know that only when a UI element is associated with a label the tab using labelfor the tab control wont go to "label" instaed it will go only to UI Element.

My requirement is i need to know how to give a single label for the entire checkbox group and make the tab control not to pass through the label.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that is possible, because label is what differentiates the checkboxes in a checkbox group.

More over checkbox group is a value add on from WebDynpro frame work to display N number of checkboxes without you actually coding for the labels of the checkbox.

Instead you can use a single checkbox as a label to the checkbox group.i.e if this single checkbox is checked then enable the checkbox group and allow the user to check the checkboxes form the group else skip.

Message was edited by:

Shriram Kabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create your check box group under a group, make the label for property of the label to group_header.

or

create a inputfiled infrontof check box gropu, put the width as very low, and visible property =blank. set the labelf or property fo labe=input field, this will also solves ur problem.

Regards,

Naga

Message was edited by:

Naga Raju Meesala

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shriram,

At first we were using TextView.In TextView there is no LabelFor option inorder to associate a TextView to a Checkbox group.Because of that when you use tab(after enabling acessibility option for your user in user admin) you can fingd tht the tab passes through the label and this will mislead a blind user

regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

I am trying in NW04s SP12.Its its working in SP9 it should i deally work in SP12 isn't it.The Text field visibility is set to blank not none.I have also assigned a dummy context attribute to the text field as it ws throwing error tht input field value not mapped to context.Will tht create any problm.

I have sent a test mail to you inn you yahoo mail id.Kindly sent the application to tht id.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i have found some workaround for you.

Instead of the label and input field use TextView.

Define a textview and set the property text to what ever value you wanted to display as label to the checkbox group.Then define the checkbox group.

This will solve your problem.

I have tested it, it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

You options are very good ,but the thing is when i add checkbox group to a group and then assigning the grouop header to a label what happens is instaed of going to the label the tab goes to group header instead of directly gng to the check box group which is again a problem .

Other option i have tried that too,but once you make a input field blank then the tab is go to the label.:-(

Thanks and Regards

neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neetha,

are you sure the input field proprty visible =blank , not none

Its working for me, i am using sp9 nw04s,

give me ur mail id i will send the app to you.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to specify the following attributes of the Checkbox group....

.      Choose Add  ® Add Checkbox group.

l.      Specify the following parameters:

■      Checkbox Group ID – you can overwrite the default; the identifier must be unique

■      Checkbox Group Label – enter a name that describes the group’s purpose.

■      Read only – enable this option if the field is to be used for displaying data

m.      To create a checkbox entry, choose Add Entry and type the identifier and the label directly in the selected row of the table.

n.      Choose Create.

o.      To create an additional checkbox entry, select the group and choose Add  ® Add Checkbox

If helps please do reward with points.

Thanks

ritu