cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Portal properties out of pdk.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you know if there is a possibility, to get some Portal Information in a .net IView?

For example I would like to read out, which font is used, which color does the font have and so on.

I want to fulfill the branding requirements for a certification.

Regards

Erhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can get portal info in the iView. Use the API of the portalComponent for most things (profile, user etc'), and use PDK services for getting detailed UME and System landscape info. It's all in the PDK documentation.

As for design info, the portal uses CSS files to manage that, and not an API. You can use the classes in those css files in your html (this will ensure themes are supported). Note that if you use NetWeaver controls this is handled for you.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

thanks for your reply.

I dont want to use Netweaver Controls, so I have to handle my controls with the .css files of the portal, if I got you right.

How do I access the .css of the portal?

Do you have any code-snippet, to give me an an idea of how to handle?

Erhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you got me right.

But what you should understand is that you <b>can't</b> access the css of the portal <b>programmatically</b>.

A simple way to start is to just look at the output of a portal page and see the linked css files in the source ("view source" in the browser). Then you can open these css files and see the classes there. You will notice that this files are really big and contain many classes... this is because SAP's UR (Unified Rendering) is quite complicated!

Note also that for different themes the portal uses different css files, but with the same class names.

Now for an important warning: This is not a supported way and is not guaranteed to be consistent with future portal upgrades (class names could and would probably change, new classes are added sometimes, others removed).

Therefor, the only way to keep consistency with SAP's UR is to use the NetWeaver controls.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

are there any documentation about the css classes of the portal. it is very exhausting to read the Sourcecode of a portal page, in order to get the used css-class name for a given Control.

I'ld appreciate if there is a possibility.

Thanks

Erhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Erhan,

I don't know of any documentation for this subject. As I said before - it's not supported and therefore not documented

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (0)