cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following doubts regarding database connection.

1. how we can connect to the database.

2.What are the advantages and disadvantages of this method?

3.Can we connect to any other database which is not involved in the SAP system ,if possible tell me how?

please tell refer some tutorials ........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

to connect with Non-SAP backends. use the java bean model, if the database connection concerns Synchronization , securtiy aspects better to Go with EJB model.

To connect with database in java bean model , better to create a data source for data base , get the connection from data base. use the connection get the result set . to create a data source for a DB

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/082484173ae045ab8dad8a41d33da3/content.htm

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shanto,

connect to the database:

Advantages;

DB connection maintenance to maintain the SAP table DBCON. This table contains information about additional non-standard database connections (such as database system, password, and so on).

Disadvantage;

tRFC processes all LUWs independent of one another. Due to the amount of activated tRFC processes, this procedure can reduce performance significantly in both the send and the target systems.

In addition, the sequence of LUWs defined in the application cannot be kept. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the transactions are executed in the sequence dictated by the application. The only guarantee is that all LUWs are transferred sooner or later.

Regards,

vino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanto,

U can create datasource in visual admin->services->jdbc connection tab and can refer that datasource in webdynpro program to get db connection. At the time of creation of datasorce, u need to mention the driver for database also

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

where i can find this admin->services...

i don't have access to SAP database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Server installation directory\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<Instance> \j2ee\admin\go.bat

Connect to default databse.

Enter password for j2ee_admin(ask basis admin for the password).

Then in cluster, select services->JDBC Connection.

Regards

Fahad Hamsa