cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding a Production BOM in Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

How do I explode a production BOM in Packing? In my production BOM, I have got the list of items which need to be packed. Now the only items which currently show up in the list of items to be packed is from the Sales BOM.

For example: my Sales BOM consist of the following items A, B and C. Now B has a Production BOM made of 3 components: X,Y and Z. I have to pack these three materials in 3 separate boxes as they cannot be packed into one box. The quantities of X,Y,Z can also vary so the number of boxes depends on the quantity of X,Y and Z. Now when I go to Packing, I only see A,B and C from the Sales BOM as the items available for Packing.

How can I explode B so that I see X,Y and Z and its relevant quantities in the items to be packed?

Thanks,

With best regards,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SD process can use only sales BOM with usage 5 that is for sales and distribution.

regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I don't think we can explode production BOM in Packing. Create a sales BOM for B with components X,Y,Z. Now you should be able to explode this BOM.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

S Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I cannot create a Sales BOM for B with components X, Y, Z because X, Y, Z need to undergo testing so labor/testing hours need to be allocated to them. Therefore X, Y, Z have to be in a Production BOM.

Can you please give me any other suggestions?

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the Sales item B be a stocked item? A BOM within a BOM will not explode on a Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item B is a configurable material (KMAT)

Thanks,

Ketan