Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career path for a XI consultant

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the career path for a XI consultant. (like, abapers can become techno-consultants after some time). Is there any chance for xi consultant to go to functional side? Or what other options, does a XI consultant have?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aarthi

Depending on your experience and what you are like at learning, you can pretty much move anywhere on the netweaver platform.

Personally, I started as functional, did that for four years - then moved to Basis and XI. Been doing that for 2 1/2 years.

What's you background?

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have got trained only in SAP PI.

Edited by: Aarthi on Feb 3, 2011 6:38 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

From your question it seems that you already have experience on XI. There is no much scope in XI to at functional side. Functional people are basically meant for functional modules or for determining the functionality of the application for the developers. In XI best thing is to be a XI architect.

Role of XI architect is very important in defining the system landscape, indentifying the requirement, requirement gathering and many more. Just focus on this role and I think you have a very bright opportunities ahead.

Regards,

Subhasha