cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple sender files and receiver files with different file names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following is my scenario: File (FTP) --> XI --> File (NFS actually SAP system)

I have 5 source files like ABC<b>1</b>_DateTimeStamp, ABC<b>2</b>_DateTimeStamp, ABC<b>3</b>_DateTimeStamp, ABC<b>3</b>_DateTimeStamp and ABC<b>3</b>_DateTimeStamp.

I can use single sender file FTP adapter with file name ABC* which picks up all 5 files, but can I use single receiver adapter to create 5 different files with the following file names: ABC1, ABC2, ABC3, ABC3 and ABC3 ?? And last 2 files (ABC3 and ABC3....same name) should be created after 30min and 60min of first ABC3 file. We have to do this because we have jobs scedule on SAP side with variants having file names.

Is it possible to achieve using single sender/receiver file adapter??

If not any suggestions how to do this scenario??

Thx

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navin,

I doesn't know whether its feasible for you or not. Please see the below option

Create 3 Sender comm.channels and 1 Receiver comm.channel. In Sender /Receiver file adapter check the Adapter Specific Message attributes.

I'm suggesting the soln using BPM.

In IR, Create 3 Outbound Interface (Abstract) and create 1 Inbound Interface(Abstract).

First 2 comm.channel and 2 Oubtound interface refers to file 1 & file2 respectively.

The 3rd comm.channel and 3 Outbound interfaces refers to file3 & file4& file 5 .

Please see the BPM design.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=698877499&size=o

Note : Navin the above suggestion is my thought, I think it will work. U can juz give a try.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

excellant Raj,just one thing ,his sender and receiver files dont have the same name.sender is ABC1_Datetimestamp whereas receiver is only ABC1.

so i guess he needs to use variable substitution,what do you think ?

Regards

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Sorry for late reply. since he is using ASMA as we know ,we can trim down the filename and write the filename isn't it ahmad?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Raj

but simply using ASMA will make sure that the sender and receiver side have the same file name,to trim down the file name,he needs to have that name in payload and for that he needs mapping.am i right?

Regards

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ahmad, u r right. We have to use mapping in order to trim down the name.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>can I use single receiver adapter to create 5 different files

Yes you can,Have a look at the following for variable substitution

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Well variable substitution dont work because: We are not reading payload (Just tranfering the files..no mapping)

Thx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in that case you can get the same name for the files on the receiver side,but i guess u want to trim down the name.your sender file is ABC1_DateTimeStamp,whereas the receiver file is ABC1.

without mapping you can get the same name on receiver side but can't trim down the name .

Thanx

Ahmad