cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP requirement going to the wrong vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 5.0 ECS.

This is happening with only a couple of products for which MRP requirements are created. This product category is on Vendor list and the product is also part of a contract.

User was assuming it will hit the contract and go to the vendor on contract. Instead the PO was automatically created and sent to the vendor on vendor list.When I try in Q it goes to sourcing (which I think is correct because of 2 sources i.e. vendor list and contract). Any suggestions as to where to look at. The contract looks to be correct, vendor list is active. Reaching deadend when investigating this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please go through the following SAP OSS Notes as well -></u>

Note 528808 Incorrect item numbers during the update (add items)

Note 890812 Inbound EDI message ORDRSP: Cancelling a purchase order item

Note 931198 Missing Tax Code in Limit Shopping Cart

Note 505030 Restrictions for the integration of external requirements

Note 538314 Error in the XML entry for external requests

Note 441892 Integrating external requirements

Note 451245 Framework conditions connection MRP <-> EBP

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the contract was in 'Held' status hence ignored. But related to the same issue I have the following situation

FYI: We are on SRM 5.0 ECS

Two products belonging to the same product category. The prod category is on Vendor list and is active. There is no contract for either of the products.

If I shop for first one and click for Source of Supply, the Vendor list vendor is shown properly.

If I shop for the second one and click for Source of Supply, it says no Vendor assigned.

Since both the products belong to the same product category I thought in both cases it should show me the same source of supply vendor.

Any idea where else I should look at to solve this mystery.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to determine the exact behaviour in both the cases if you can debug the behaviour in both the cases.

For that , you have to put break point at function module 'BBP_PD_SOS_FIND', this is the base function module which is used to determine the source of supply.

If you debug the above function module , among the found sources of supply there will be one part where there will be further filtering based on number of parameters.

from here you can identify exactly the behvaiour