cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to proceeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

suppose i have a client with some local database abt its enterprise. now it requires some service(functionality) to be implemented by sap server using client local database but not sap database

the sap server should not use its database but it should use the local database of the client and perform some functions......

this can be done by webservice and we have to pass some parameters through this webservice also the DB information....this is taken by sap server and it performs some functionality and returns the result to client via the webservice

the main thing here is sap uses the data provided only through webservice and the result is again stored in client data base.it does not use its database knowledge...

so i need to develop this webservice.....in wht way can i best proceed to achieve this? also which software i have to use to develop this webservice? also how can i recoginise and analyse functionalities provided by sap so that they can be implemented through webservices?`

pls suggest me how to proceed in this matter..

thx ,

regards,

aj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

If your functionality is to connect to a DB other than SAP DB, you can do it through JDBC connections. For most of the common DB's drivers are already present in SAP WAS.

However if you want to connect it using a client over that DB, you should create a Web-Service. For this you can look into:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/4c/be9f330ab7e5479db8c37bddf42788/content.htm

Cheers,

Rahul